COVID-19 5/29/2020 Update
Asbury Court Senior Living has 1 Resident with a confirmed positive test and 0 Employees with a confirmed positive test today. Cumulatively, we have had 1 employee and 2 Residents at Asbury Court Nursing and Rehabilitation and 1 employee and 1 Resident at Asbury Court Senior Living. These Residents are in offsite Covid Units and our employees have recovered.
- We will continue posting updates to this page as needed for your convenience during this Corona Virus Pandemic
- We have continued to work diligently to keep our Residents and team members safe, healthy, to avoid exposure to Corona Virus
- We continue to appreciate all your efforts in helping us with this and helping your loved one maintain the Stay at Home order limiting exposure to your loved one in our congregate setting.
- We continue to restrict visitation and ask if you are dropping items off to your loved one, please drop those at the location designated
- The facility has hired a contractor that will provide weekly deep cleaning and sanitizing per the CDC guidelines of the facility for the next several weeks. This is on top of the daily cleaning and disinfecting we already complete per the CDC guidelines.
- The facility has implemented a new uniform policy at this time and all staff are changing in to facility provided uniforms upon entry to the facility and changing prior to leaving.
- We continue to follow all of the guidance for long term care facilities set forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health, The Centers of Disease Control, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. There continue to be recommendations and guidance daily to help us with this pandemic. We take these recommendations and guidance update our policies and keep our staff educated on any new interventions that may affect them.
- Per these guidelines we continue to routinely complete:
-Wearing masks at all times
-Team member check-in process that includes temperature checks and a questionnaire and we have added mid-shift temperature checks as well
-A stringent return to work policy for any employees that may have any related symptoms
-Team member training on how the virus spreads and on all new interventions that are implemented
-Frequent Resident assessment
-Tele-medicine visits with physicians as possible
-Restriction of non-essential outings
-Restriction of group outings, group dining and group activities
-Frequently cleaning of surfaces that are frequently touched
-Standard and transmission based precautions as appropriate
We are requesting that all residents wear a mask any time a staff member enters their room/apartment or at any time a resident may be out of their room/apartment for any reason. Please support us in these measure by discussing with your loved ones and encouraging them to do this for their safety.
We continue offering, providing, and encouraging solitary in room/apartment activities and also providing 1:1 activity visits
- We are maintaining our supplies of personal protective supplies so please don’t worry about that
- We remain very busy so we ask you to limit calls to the facility to check in. If your loved one has any acute change of condition or the facility develops any Corona Virus positive persons we will notify the person we have listed as the emergency contact as soon as possible by email or text message notification please ensure we have your most current contact information.
- If you would like to schedule a Skype or Facetime session with your loved one and need our assistance please call the facility and make this request to reception please be patient and give our staff a couple days to respond to get this scheduled for you.
- Thank you again for all of your support during this pandemic we are doing are very best taking care of your loved ones. We know this is so hard on you not seeing them.
Follow all Health Precautions, Take Care of Yourself, and Stay Well!