Dear Residents and Family Members,
We are excited to announce and start Outdoor Visiting following strict precautions set forth by Illinois Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
Below are Asbury Court’s Visiting policy and guidelines. Please remember this process takes coordination, assistance, and monitoring to maintain compliance with the rules we have been provided to ensure everyone’s health and safety. If you would like to plan a visit, please review all the rules and responsibilities. Failure to follow these rules will result in cancellation and/or stopping the visit at any time. Please be patient with us during this process.
Per IDPH, Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCF) may allow outdoor visitation for residents when certain conditions are met.
- Visitations must be limited to two visitors at a time per resident.
- The maximum number of 3 residents and 6 visitors at a time is what our outdoor space and team can accommodate at this time.
- Our Interdisciplinary Team has set up a specific visiting area to ensure that a minimum distancing of six feet is achievable in the outdoor space when determining the maximum number of residents and visitors who can simultaneously occupy that outdoor space.
- A designated staff member will be assigned to monitor visitation to clearly communicate and enforce social distancing of six feet between the resident and all visitors.
- The facility must set the maximum number of visitors allowed in a single day. Our facility will have a maximum of 9 resident visitor time slots on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a maximum of 27 resident visitor time slots on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- Visitors must schedule an appointment with the facility to visit a resident. Visitors will be able to call the Front Desk on Mondays from 8am-4pm to schedule visits.
- The LTCF must prescreen visitors via phone with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) symptom checklist not more than 24 hours in advance. Visitors are required to call in for the prescreen by 4pm the day prior to their scheduled visits. If the visitor does not call in for the prescreen by 4pm the day before the visit, the visit will be cancelled, no exceptions. If the visitor does not pass the prescreen process, the visit will be cancelled.
- The facility must also screen visitors on arrival with the CDC symptom checklist and a temperature check. If the visitor does not pass the prescreen process, the visit will be cancelled.
- Residents with active COVID-19 infection, either laboratory confirmed or symptomatic, are not allowed to participate in outdoor visits.
- Residents receiving visitors will also be screened with the CDC symptom checklist prior to visitor’s arrival. If the Resident does not pass the screening process, the visit will be cancelled.
- Visitors displaying symptoms should not visit the facility.
- Visits will be limited to outdoor areas only.
- Outdoor spaces must have ingress and egress which does not require the visitor to enter the LTCF building.
- Visitors must not enter the facility at any time during their visit.
- For the duration of each visit, the resident and visitor must wear a face covering. All residents have been provided face coverings. Visitors will be responsible for bringing their own face cover and wearing it for the entire visit. If the visitor does not bring a face mask, the visit will be cancelled. If the visitor or resident removes their face mask at any time or do not follow the 6 foot social distancing rule, the visit will be stopped immediately.
- The facility may set the time duration of each visit. Each Visit will be a maximum of 25 minutes.
- The facility will have staff supervision during each visit to ensure the use of face coverings and social distancing. The facility will have a designated staff member assigned to monitor all visits.
- The facility may determine whether supervision is continuous or intermittent.
- Visits will only transpire weather permitting. If the facility determines the weather to be too hot or inclement for visits, the visits may be shortened or cancelled.
- No pets are allowed for visits, NO exceptions.
- Benches and chairs provided for visits will be spray sanitized between each visit by staff member assigned to monitor visit.